In 1974, Chem-Pruf founder William V. Pitt designed, engineered and built the first successful industrial fiberglass door that would not bow, rack or warp. This remarkable door was made possible by a unique, now patented, one-piece fiberglass stile and rail system. Tough, corrosion-resistant fiberglass door plates which form the faces of the door were permanently bonded to the stile and rail to create the finished corrosion resistant door. With an idea, a feat of engineering and a wealth of manufacturing know-how, Bill Pitt founded not only Chem-Pruf Door Company but an entire industry.
Chem-Pruf continues to set the standards with industry “firsts"
- First patent ever issued by the U.S. Patent Office for an atmospheric-resistant door.
- First to mold a solid, all-fiberglass door frame.
- First to tailor resin chemistry to match the exact conditions where the products will be installed.
- First to introduce a unitized fiberglass door system with the door pre-hung in a color-matching fiberglass door frame and all hardware installed at the factory prior to crating.
- First to offer a lifetime warranty against failure due to corrosion.
- First to manufacture a complete fire-rated fiberglass door and door frame system certified and labeled by Warnock- Hersey.
“The mission of Chem-Pruf Door Company is to be the manufacturer of choice for world class quality FRP composite doors. This will be achieved only through a comprehensive team effort by the Chem-Pruf family of employees who focus on and anticipate our customer’s needs, and who are committed to and take pride in delivering high quality products and service. The future prosperity of our company rests upon the daily reach for standards of excellence.”
Setting Standards in Innovation, Engineering, Quality, and Service.